Rapid Resist is making preparations for Trump firing Deputy AG Rod Rosenstein. We can’t let Trump get away with this brazen attack on our democracy. So if he takes this step we will reach out to nearly 1 million people represented by legislators best able to protect Mueller and our democratic freedoms.
The way to stop Trump is by launching targeted, massive rallies that key senators and congressman can’t ignore. We are working in coordination with MoveOn and Indivisible and will need all hands on deck at this urgent moment.
You can sign up in advance to join text campaigns for rallies in 19 key congressional districts. Folks that sign up will receive a push notification as soon as we’re ready to start texting and will be able to start asap. Let’s be prepared. Instructions on how to text are online or attend a Flip Red to Blue (see below) session to be trained.
If you want to chip in, you can help us reach even more people in the following key areas. We will initially be targeting the congressional districts of up to 40 target Republican lawmakers, including:
- Jeff Denham (CA-10)
- Steve Knight (CA-25)
- Dana Rohrbacher (CA-48)
- Mike Coffman (CO-06)
- Carlos Curbelo (FL-26)
- Rod Blum (IA-01)
- Peter Roskam (IL-06)
- Mike Bost (IL-12)
- Jason Lewis (MN-02)
- Erik Paulsen (MN-03)
- Don Bacon (NE-02)
- Leonard Lance (NJ-07)
- John Faso (NY-19)
- Claudia Tenney (NY-22)
- Bob Brady (PA-01)
- Matt Cartwright (PA-17)
- John Culberson (TX-07)
- Will Hurd (TX-23)
- Barbara Comstock (VA-10)
Democrats of Rossmoor Volunteers
Please contact us if you are interested in any of the following:
- Committee volunteers are always welcome.
- The Book Club needs people to speak about a book that they have read and enjoyed and that presents material of interest to the DoR.
- DRAAT (Democrats of Rossmoor Action Alert Response Team) volunteers work from home by contacting legislators on issues of importance.
- The Film Committee could use a person or two to help recommend films that they have seen and liked—and that are available on DVD for a reasonable price—and to preview films the committee is considering.
- We welcome contributions to our newsletter, the Rossmoor Democrat, which is published bimonthly.
- TGWD (Thank God We're Democrats) often could use a person or two to help with setup, name tags, reservations, etc
- Progressives' Famers' Market Table needs volunteers to man the table.
- Voter Registration is ongoing and can always use more volunteers.
- Flip Red to Blue calls and texts blue voters in red areas across the USA to call their members of Congress about a timely vote (such as Immigration, Climate Change, or Health Care) and to ask a friend to also make a call. Instructions will be provided, including both paper and online call list options. You need to bring a charged cell phone and for virtual calling: either an iPad, tablet, or laptop. RSVP to Susan Lewis at 510-708-2851 or email her at email@example.com. Please include your name, phone number, email address, and which Wednesdays you wish to make calls. Join us on Wednesdays, 4–6 p.m. in the Gateway Oak Room (the card room). Refreshments will be available.
- Write2Blue writes short notes to lawmakers about current critical issues, such as health care and tax reform, and matters that impact the 2018 elections. Talking points will be provided along with lists of recipients and their addresses. Please bring any note cards, nice stationery, post cards, or stamps you can spare to add to our Write2Blue supply basket. Write2Blue meets on the first Monday of the month at 2–4 p.m. in the Gateway Multipurpose Room 3. RSVP to Tricia Spiegel at firstname.lastname@example.org, call 925-954-7377, or just show up. Refreshments will be available.
- The designated DoR charity is the Trinity Center, which is a non-residential program serving homeless and working poor adult men and women in Walnut Creek and Central Contra Costa County. See their website for volunteer opportunities or see the Trinity Center Wish List for needed food, clothing, and personal hygiene items
Commit to Flip Blue
Commit to Flip Blue is partnering with Working America to flip California’s 10th congressional district (California's 10th congressional district is a congressional district in California. Currently, the 10th district encompasses an area of the northern San Joaquin Valley held by Jeff Denham (R–Turlock)). They are asking all volunteers to attend one volunteer training session and commit to volunteer for at least one canvass date in July. DoR's own Flip Red to Blue is an offshoot of Commit to Flip Blue.